Information from UC
- Food Safety Resources for Food Hubs (UCANR Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program)
- Demystifying the Food Safety Modernization Act’s Preventive Controls Rule: Supplier Verification Requirements (UC Food Safety, Farm Commons, and Community Alliance with Family Farmers) (PDF 5.8 MB)
- Quality Assurance Programs and FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food Rule Requirements Training Series
- Creating a Properly Made Ice Bath (ThermoWorks)
- Thermometer Calibration Guide - Graphic (Kansas State University) (PDF 125 KB)
- Thermometer Calibration Guide (Kansas State University) (PDF 172 KB)
Challenge Studies and Pathogen Modeling Programs
- Baking Process Kill Step Calculators (AIB International)
- Clostridium botulinum Challenge Studies (Health Canada)
- FoodRisk.org - Online resource for food safety risk analysis.
- International Commission on the Microbiological Specifications for Food
- Listeria Challenge Studies (Health Canada)
- National Advisory Committee on the Microbiological Criteria for Foods report: Parameters for Determining Inoculated Pack/Challenge Study Protocols (Journal of Food Protection 73:140-202) (PDF 621 KB)
- Pathogen Modeling Programs (this website) A list of several pathogen modeling programs and a description of the applicability of each model.
End Product Testing
- Relevance of microbial finished product testing in food safety management (2016; Zweitering et. al., Food Control, 60:31-43.)
Microbiological Sampling Plans
- The International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods (ICMSF) sampling plan tool is a spreadsheet that calculates the probabilities of acceptance for materials with different microbial loads and population standard deviations and can be used to determine the performance of various sampling plans, as well as the operating characteristic curves.