UC Food Safety in the Kitchen
- "Don't Give Kids a Tummy Ache" (English) (UC)
- "Don't Give Kids a Tummy Ache" (Spanish) (UC) Revised free, downloadable edition replaces the previous CD-ROM edition. This food safety training program for parents, child care providers, and other caregivers presents the basics of how to avoid food poisoning in a 45- to 60-minute presentation.
Egg Basics for the Consumer: Packaging, Storage, and Nutritional Information (UC PDF 195 KB)
How to recognize freshness and quality in the eggs you buy for your home and family.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Food Irradiation (UC PDF 33 KB) How does food irradation improve food safety? Is Irradiated food safe to eat? This free publication offers answers on basic concerns regarding this new technology. English and Spanish ( Preguntas frecuentes sobre la irradiación de los alimentos PDF 76KB)
- The Lunch Box Series, C: Safe Lunches for Preschool Children (UC PDF 2335 KB) Tips on keeping food safety in mind when you put together your preschooler's nutritious sack lunch. In English and Spanish ( La Lonchera: Cómo empacar almuerzos seguros para niños preescolares PDF 1290k).
- Pantry Pests: Pest Notes for Home and Landscape (UC PDF 174 KB)
- Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (UC PDF 242 KB)
Guidelines for minimizing the risk of foodborne illness from fresh fruits and vegetables through proper handling, washing, and storage. The publication is available as a brochure in both English and Spanish.