UC Spanish Publications
- Don't Give Kids a Tummyache (English) (UC Pub)
- Don't Give Kids a Tummyache! (Spanish) (UC Pub) This food safety training program for parents, child care providers, and other caregivers presents the basics of how to avoid food poisoning in a 45 to 60 minute presentation. Written in English and Spanish.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Food Irradiation (UC PDF 33 KB) How does food irradation improve food safety? Is Irradiated food safe to eat? This free publication offers answers on basic concerns regarding this new technology. English and Spanish ( Preguntas frecuentes sobre la irradiación de los alimentos PDF 76KB)
- The Lunch Box Series, C: Safe Lunches for Preschool Children (UC Pub PDF 2335 KB) Tips on keeping food safety in mind when you put together your preschooler's nutritious sack lunch. In English and Spanish (La Lonchera: Cómo empacar almuerzos seguros para niños preescolares UC Pub PDF 1290 KB).
- Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (UC PDF 242 KB)
Guidelines for minimizing the risk of foodborne illness from fresh fruits and vegetables through proper handling, washing, and storage. The publication is available as a brochure in both English and Spanish.
- English Publication on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (PDF 242 KB)
- English Brochure on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (PDF 1629 KB)
- Spanish Brochure on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (PDF 1490 KB)
- Poster on Storing Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (Spanish) (PDF 2.37 MB)
Brochure on Food Safety Tips for Edible Landscape Plants and Garden Produce (Spanish PDF 296 KB)
Spanish Resources - General Food Safety
- FDA en Espanol - Consumer links near top of page; also has info on preparations for emergencies.
- FightBac Spanish Resources (Partnership for Food Safety Education)
- Food safety information for Emergency Conditions in Spanish (USDA)Food safety information for Emergency Conditions in Spanish, II (USDA)
- Spanish Food Safety Resources (Cal Poly PDF 34 KB)
Complied by Jennifer Gerard & Jessica Rutland, Cal Poly 2007
- USDA Food Safety Resources in Spanish
Spanish Resources - Home Food Preservation
- UW-Madison Food Preservation Resources in Spanish (bottom right corner)
- Washington State Univ. Ext. Home Food Preservation Spanish Publications (near middle of page)