Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO)
- Restaurants and Grocers Reopening After Hurricanes and Flooding (FDA)
- What do food handlers need to know about coronavirus infectious disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the associated virus, SARS-CoV-2? (UC Davis Food Science & Technology, March 2, 2020)
- FDA Food Code Reference System Information
- California Food Handler Card Law (ServSafe.com)
The California Food Handler Card law – SB 602 requires food handlers to be trained in Food Safety. The regulation goes into effect July 1, 2011. The National Restaurant Association Education Foundation provides an on-line version of their ServeSafe course at the link above that meets the requirements of the regulation.
- California Food Handler Card Law Guidelines (2011, CCDEH) (PDF 569 KB)
- California Retail Food Code 2014 (PDF 794 KB)
- FDA Food Code 2013 (PDF 6.3 MB)
- Comparison of CalCode 2008 and 2009 (PDF 201 KB)
Food Handling Guidelines
- Temporary Food Stands (UCANR) (PDF 66 KB)
- Farmer's Markets - Food Samples (Michigan Dept. of Agriculture) (PDF 387 KB)
- Garlic-In-Oil - 2001 FDA Food Code (CTRL-F: to search on page for "garlic-in-oil") (PDF 2.8 MB)
- Best Practices Guidance for Controlling Listeria monocytogenes in Retail Delicatessens (USDA, June 2015)
- Letter to Establishments on Retail Listeria monocytogenes (LM) Pilot Project (USDA, Jan. 19, 2016) (PDF 94 KB)
- Video: Listeria Controls at Retail (USDA YouTube) FSIS hosted webinar held on September 29, 2015, with representatives from FSIS and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Training - Food Service/Retail
- Food Safety Info Sheets (NC State University)
- Food Safety Education to Residential Childcare Institutions (RCCIs): Food Safety Basics Training (University of Rhode Island and Massachusetts, NIFSI). A training program designed to assist in the development and implementation of a HACCP based food safety program at residential childcare institutions. The program curriculum materials (Powerpoint presentation, manuals, Food Safety Kit Booklet, and Video) may be downloaded free of charge.
- FDA Oral Culture Learner Project - Educational Materials for Retail Food Employees (FDA) Links to personal testimonials of foodborne illness.
- Make It Safe, Keep It Safe, Food Safety Education Program (MISKIS) (UC ANR)