UC Food Safety Home
Research and Extension faculty at UC Davis, Drs. Linda Harris and Trevor Suslow, welcome you to the University of California Food Safety website. Link to presentations, publications, and websites related to the production, harvest and processing of foods. The emphasis is microbial food safety but food biotechnology, food quality, and food security are also addressed.
Newly Added to Website - February 2015
New - January 2015
- A comprehensive list of references pertaining to microbial safety of nuts and sesame seed
Publications on the Microbial Safety of Nuts and Sesame Seeds (updated 1-12-15) (PDF 194 KB)
Outbreaks, Recalls, Surveys, Survival, and Inactivation
- Outbreaks from Tree Nuts, Peanuts, and Sesame Seeds (updated 1-12-15) (PDF 79 KB)
- US Recalls of Nuts (updated 1-12-15) (PDF 70 KB)
- Surveys for Foodborne Pathogens on Nuts (updated 1-26-15) (PDF 108 KB)
- Survival of Foodborne Pathogens on Nuts (updated 1-26-15) (PDF 82 KB)
- Inactivation of Microorganisms in Nuts and Nut Pastes: Table and References (added 2-18-15) (PDF 94 KB)
UC Food Blog
Future looks bright at UC Ag Field Day
Posted 2/24/2015 - More than 3,500 FFA and 4-H high school students from California and surrounding states will gather on March 6 and 7 at UC Davis for the annual Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Field Day. The smart, passionate youth will compete in two dozen...
New Valentine’s Day trends are good for kids
Posted 2/12/2015 - At some point in the last few decades, Valentine's Day in elementary schools ceased to be about sharing heart-felt sentiments on simple paper cards. It turned into a candy fest. Now, with growing attention to the obesity crisis and increasing rate of...