UC Food Safety Home
Research and Extension faculty at UC Davis, Drs. Erin DiCaprio, Linda Harris, and Trevor Suslow, welcome you to the University of California Food Safety website. Link to presentations, publications, and websites related to the production, harvest and processing of foods. The emphasis is microbial food safety but food biotechnology, food quality, and food security are also addressed.
Fall Food Safety Resources from FightBac (Partnership for Food Safety Education)
- Halloween Food Safety How-To (as PDF 935 KB)
- Safe Microwaving
- Take-Out Sanity
- ProducePro Safe Handling Tipsheet
Added October 2017:
- Wheat Flour – Outbreaks and Recalls (updated 10-2-17) (PDF 30 KB)
Untreated Surface Water:
- Surface Water MWQP Calculator (Western Center for Food Safety, Version 6.0, October 2nd, 2017) (Will download as Excel Spreadsheet, 309 KB) http://ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu/files/268306.xlsx
Untreated Ground Water:
- Ground Water MWQP Calculator (Western Center for Food Safety, Version 5.0, October 2nd, 2017 (Will download as Excel Spreadsheet, 309 KB) http://ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu/files/239320.xlsx
Added September 2017:
- Guidelines for Safe Canning of Acid foods in a Steam Canner (Sept. 2017, UC ANR Publication 8573) (PDF 893 KB)
Updated June 9, 2017: Nuts and Nut Pastes
UC Food Blog
Advances in Pistachio Production Short Course offered Nov. 14-16
Posted 10/4/2017 - UC Agriculture and Natural Resources will be offering a three-day, multi-topic Pistachio Production Short Course on Nov. 14-16, 2017. Held in Visalia, this course will provide participants with the latest information and research from several...
UC ANR Global Food Initiative fellows take aim at food insecurity and obesity
Posted 10/3/2017 - Three University of California students have been selected by UC Agriculture and Natural Resources as Global Food Initiative (GFI) fellows for 2017-18. UC Berkeley graduate students Kristal Caballero, Elsbeth Sites and Sonya Zhu are the GFI...