Other Resources on Home Food Preservation
Food Preservation Outbreaks
- Botulism associated with home-fermented tofu - March/April 2012 (CDC)
- Botulism from home-canned beets in Oregon - August 2012 (NC State and Kansas State University) (PDF 268 KB)
- Botulism from drinking prison-made illicit alcohol - Arizona, 2012 (CDC)
- Botulism from home canned green beans - Spokane 2009 - (NC State and Kansas State University) (PDF 411 KB)
- Botulism caused from unsafe canning of home vegetables, 2008 & 2009 (CDC)
- How Long Does Home-Canned Food Last? (Ball/Jarden Home Brands)
Specific Food Products
- Canning Smoked Fish at Home (Rasco et al, Pacific Northwest Extension) (PDF 85 KB)
- Home Canning Smoked Fish and Home Smoking Fish for Canning (Univ. of Alaska Fairbanks Cooperative Extension Service) (PDF 235 KB)
- Selecting, Preparing, and Canning Meat (Smoked Fish) (National Center for Home Food Preservation)
- Making Garlic and Herb-Infused Oils at Home (University of Idaho Extension) (PDF 3.0 MB)
Suppliers of Home Canning Supplies and Ingredients
- All American
A supplier of pressure cookers and canners.
- Ball (Jarden Home Brands)
A comprehensive source for home canning information, including the Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving.
- Sure Jell (Kraft)
- Presto (National Presto Industries, Inc.)
A convenient resource for pressure canners, canning basics, recipes and methods.