Skip to Content
University of California
UC Food Safety
University & Government Home Preservation Resources
University and Government Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Home Canning and Botulism
- Clemson University Cooperative Extension
This site offers information on canning, pickling, freezing, drying and fermenting foods. It has information on equipment, foodborne illness and other food safety information. All information is viewable in both HTML and PDF formats.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation: Preparing Safer Jerky
- North Carolina State University
Follow the link for articles published by North Carolina State: “Making Pickles in North Carolina”, “Pickle problems” and “Celebrate with Safe Salsa”, among others.
- North Dakota State University Extension Service
This site has publications on food and nutrition topics, including information on the safe preparation and preservation of wild game.
- Oregon State Extension Service - Extensive list of publications and resources on many topics to help preserve and store food.
- Penn State University
A searchable database with national and Penn State publications. Links to a number of useful tools: kitchen measurement converter, elevation determination, list of suppliers of canning equipment and ingredients.
- UC Home Preservation and Storage Publications
- University of California publications discuss safe preservation and storage of a variety of fruits and vegetables (listed alphabetically by item).
- University of Alaska Cooperative Extension Service
A series of web-based learning modules on home preservation of a variety of foods.
- University of Georgia
Comprehensive collection of food-preservation recipes and methods conforming to the latest USDA food preservation recommendations, including:
- University of Wisconsin-Extension - Safe and Healthy: Preserving Food at Home
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning: Download the most current version.
Webmaster Email: firstname.lastname@example.org