Food Safety Links
UC Davis Food Safety Links
Challenge Studies and Pathogen Modeling Programs
- FoodRisk.org - Online resource for food safety risk analysis.
- International Commission on the Microbiological Specifications for Food
- Listeria Challenge Studies (Health Canada)
- National Advisory Committee on the Microbiological Criteria for Foods report: Parameters for Determining Inoculated Pack/Challenge Study Protocols
- Pathogen Modeling Programs A chart linking to several pathogen modeling programs and a description of the applicability of each model.
- The Bad Bug Book (FDA, 2nd Edition)
- Foodborne Diseases (CDC)
- Long-term Health Outcomes for Selected Foodborne Pathogens (CFI, PDF 438 KB)
- National Agricultural Library – Resources on Foodborne Pathogens and Contaminants
- Newsroom Image Library - Disease Agents (CDC)
- USDA.gov Flickr photostream
Food Safety Information
- Your Gateway to Federal Food Safety Information (foodsafety.gov)
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (FDA)
- Fight Bac! (Partnership for Food Safety Education)
- Food Safety Research Information Office (USDA)
- Food Safety Database (Penn State University)
- Food Safety Talk Podcasts (Rutgers & NC State Universities)
- Institute of Food Technologists Status Summaries
- International Food Safety Network (Kansas State University)
- UC Davis Food Safety Programs
Outbreaks of Foodborne Illness
- Foodborne Outbreak Online Database (FOOD)
- Produce, Food Safety, and International Trade
Response to U.S. Foodborne Illness Outbreaks Associated with Imported Produce
- Spinach - 2006
Consumers’ Response to the 2006 Foodborne Illness Outbreak Linked to Spinach
- Green Onions - 2003
The Economics of Food Safety: The Case of Green Onions and Hepatitis A Outbreaks
- Center for Produce Safety – Research Database
- Maryland’s Center for Food Safety and Security Systems:
- Bibliographies and reference citation databased in the area of microbial food safety, compiled by Dr. Robert L. Buchanan, are now available through FoodRisk.org. The databases are organized in 12 files according to the main subject matter such as risk assessment, seafood, HACCP, Listeria monocytogenes, etc. Once downloaded, the databases can be searched, queried, and used to develop reports using the capabilities available within Microsoft Access. The databases are updated approximately every quarter. To check the CFS3 literature database go to: http://www.cfs3.umd.edu/databases/
Pathogen Modeling Programs
- USDA Pathogen Modeling Program - A package of models that can be used to predict the growth and inactivation of foodborne bactera.
- COMBASE Modelling Toolbox - A collection of software tools to predict microbial responses to temperature, pH, water activity, etc.
Resources for the Hearing Impaired
- SignFSIS SignFSIS video-casts in American Sign Language featuring text-captioning are designed to inform deaf and hard-of-hearing consumers about foodborne illness and raise the level of awareness of the dangers associated with impropoer handling and undercooking of food.