Skip to Content
University of California
UC Food Safety
Validation and Verification
Challenge Studies and Pathogen Modeling Programs
Microbiological Sampling Plans
- The International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods (ICMSF) sampling plan tool is a spreadsheet that calculates the probabilities of acceptance for materials with different microbial loads and population standard deviations and can be used to determine the performance of various sampling plans, as well as the operating characteristic curves.
Thermal Processing Specialists
- Almond Board of California Process Validation Guidelines (at bottom of page)
- (Codex) Codex Alimentarius Commission. 2008. Guidelines for the validation of food safety control measures (CAC/GL 69–2008). Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Program, FAO, Rome. (PDF 171 KB). Available at: http://www.fao.org/fao-who-codexalimentarius/codex-texts/guidelines/en/
- (NACMCF) National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods. 2006. Requisite scientific parameters for establishing the equivalence of alternative methods of pasteurization. Journal of Food Protection 69:1190–1216. (PDF 181 KB)
- Pivarnik, L.F., and R. Worobo. 2014. Non-thermal or Alternative Food Processing Methods to Enhance Microbial Safety and Quality - Frequently Asked Questions. (PDF 102 KB)
- Validation of Antimicrobial Interventions for Small and Very Small Processors: A How-to Guide to Develop and Conduct Validations (2013, CFPVE, Food Protection Trends, 33(2):95-104). (May require a fee to view/download).
- Validating the reduction of Salmonella and other pathogens in heat processed low-moisture foods. (Alliance for Innovation & Operational Excellence, Alexandria, VA. Anderson, D. G. and L. A. Lucore, 2012) (PDF 4.7 MB)
Webmaster Email: firstname.lastname@example.org