UC Food Safety in the Kitchen Publications
UC Food Safety in the Kitchen
- "Don't Give Kids a Tummy Ache" (English) (UC Pub)
- "Don't Give Kids a Tummy Ache" (Spanish) Revised free, downloadable edition replaces the previous CD-ROM edition. This food safety training program for parents, child care providers, and other caregivers presents the basics of how to avoid food poisoning in a 45- to 60-minute presentation.
Egg Basics for the Consumer: Packaging, Storage, and Nutritional Information (UC Pub PDF 195K)
How to recognize freshness and quality in the eggs you buy for your home and family.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Food Irradiation (UC Pub PDF 33k) How does food irradation improve food safety? Is Irradiated food safe to eat? This free publication offers answers on basic concerns regarding this new technology. English and Spanish (Preguntas frecuentes sobre la irradiación de los alimentos PDF 76k)
- The Lunch Box Series, C: Safe Lunches for Preschol Children (UC Pub PDF 2335k) Tips on keeping food safety in mind when you put together your rpeschooler's nutritious sack lunch. In English and Spanish (La Lonchera: Cómo empacar almuerzos seguros para niños preescolares PDF 1290k).
- Pantry Pests: Pest Notes for Home and Landscape (UC Pub PDF 174k)
- Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (UC Pub PDF 242k)
Guidelines for minimizing the risk of foodborne illness from fresh fruits and vegetables through proper handling, washing, and storage. The publication is available as a brochure in both English and Spanish and as a camera-ready version of a refrigerator magnet:
- English Publication on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (PDF 242k)
- English Brochure on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (PDF 1629k)
- English Camera-Ready PDF of Magnet on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (PDF 301 KB)
- Spanish Brochure on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (PDF 1490 KB)
- Spanish Camera-Ready PDF of Magnet on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (PDF 326 KB)