- Food safety information for emergency conditions in Spanish (USDA)
- Spanish Food Safety Resources (Cal Poly PDF 34 KB)
Complied by Jennifer Gerard & Jessica Rutland, Cal Poly 2007
UC Spanish Publications
- Don't Give Kids a Tummyache! (UC Pub) This food safety training program for parents, child care providers, and other caregivers presents the basics of how to avoid food poisoning in a 45 to 60 minute presentation. Written in English and Spanish.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Food Irradiation (UC Pub PDF 33 KB) How does food irradation improve food safety? Is Irradiated food safe to eat? This free publication offers answers on basic concerns regarding this new technology. English and Spanish (Preguntas frecuentes sobre la irradiación de los alimentos UC Pub PDF 76 KB)
- The Lunch Box Series, C: Safe Lunches for Preschol Children (UC Pub PDF 2335 KB) Tips on keeping food safety in mind when you put together your preschooler's nutritious sack lunch. In English and Spanish (La Lonchera: Cómo empacar almuerzos seguros para niños preescolares UC Pub PDF 1290 KB).
- Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetables (UC Pub PDF 242 KB)
Guidelines for minimizing the risk of foodborne illness from fresh fruits and vegetables through proper handling, washing, and storage. The publication is available as a brochure in both English and Spanish and as a camera-ready version of a refrigerator magnet:
- English Publication on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetable (PDF 242 KB)
- English Brochure on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetable(PDF 1629 KB)
- English Camera-Ready Magnet on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetable(PDF 301 KB)
- Spanish Brochure on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetable(PDF 1490 KB)
- Spanish Camera-Ready Magnet on Safe Handling of Fruits and Vegetable(PDF 326 KB)
Brochure on Food Safety Tips for Edible Landscape Plants and Garden Produce (Spanish PDF 296 KB)