Challenge Studies and Pathogen Modeling Programs
- FoodRisk.org - Online resource for food safety risk analysis.
- International Commission on the Microbiological Specifications for Food
- Listeria Challenge Studies (Health Canada)
- National Advisory Committee on the Microbiological Criteria for Foods report: Parameters for Determining Inoculated Pack/Challenge Study Protocols (Journal of Food Protection 73:140-202) (PDF 568 KB)
- Clostridium botulinum Challenge Studies (Health Canada)
- Pathogen Modeling Programs A chart linking to several pathogen modeling programs and a description of the applicability of each model.
DFA Validation Academy
- Welcome and Introduction - what is validation? Why is it important to the tree nut industry? - Linda J. Harris, UC Davis (PDF 13 MB)
- Validating water sanitation in postharvest handling of tree nuts - Gordon Davidson, UC Davis (PDF 1.16 MB)
- Validating pathogen-reduction step(s) in processing - Linda J. Harris, UC Davis (PDF 3.6 MB)
- Validating your surrogate organism - Michelle Danyluk, Univ of Florida (PDF 5 MB)
- Validating facility sanitation programs - environmental monitoring - Thomas Jones, DFA
- Validation Bibiography (PDF 103 KB)
Thermal Processing Specialists
- The IFTPS page (Institute for Thermal Processing Specialists) has listings for some process authorities.
- Almond Board of California recognized Process Authorities
- State of Colorado Division of Environmental Health and Sustainability's Approved Process Authority List (PDF 53 KB)
- (Codex) Codex Alimentarius Commission. 2008. Guidelines for the validation of food safety control measures (CAC/GL 69–2008). Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Program, FAO, Rome. (PDF 171 KB). Available at: http://www.codexalimentarius.org/standards/list-of-standards/en/?provide=standards&orderField=fullReference&sort=asc&num1=CAC/GL
- (NACMCF) National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods. 2006. Requisite scientific parameters for establishing the equivalence of alternative methods of pasteurization. Journal of Food Protection 69:1190–1216. (PDF 181 KB)
- Pivarnik, L.F., and R. Worobo. 2014. Non-thermal or Alternative Food Processing Methods to Enhance Microbial Safety and Quality - Frequently Asked Questions. (PDF 102 KB)
- Validating the reduction of Salmonella and other pathogens in heat processed low-moisture foods. (Alliance for Innovation & Operational Excellence, Alexandria, VA. Anderson, D. G. and L. A. Lucore, 2012) (PDF 4.7 MB)