Home Food Preservation
Up-to-date publications on food preservation methods, such as freezing and canning, available from the University of California and other land-grant institutions.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
The NCHFP website contains science-based recommendations about a variety of meats, fruits and vegetables. Find expert advice on canning, freezing, drying, curing & smoking, fermenting, pickling, and making jams and jellies. Find information useful for home preservation for educators and home food preservers.
- UC Home Preservation and Storage Publications
UC publications discuss safe preservation and storage of a variety of fruits and vegetables (listed alphabetically by item).
- Preserving Food at Home: A Self-Study (University of Georgia)
An online self-study course on preserving food at home. Training modules include: “Introduction to Food Preservation”, “General Canning”, “Canning Acid Foods” and “Canning Low-Acid Foods”. Register online.
- Preserve@Home An online food preservation course. (University of Idaho Extension) Teaches individuals how to safely preserve a variety of food products.
- Safe and Healthy: Preserving Food at Home (University of Wisconsin-Extension)
A comprehensive list of websites and PDF files discussing home food preservation.
A comprehensive list of University and Government websites and PDF files discussing home food preservation.