California Food Handler Card Law
The California Food Handler Card law – SB 602 requires food handlers to be trained in Food Safety. The regulation goes into effect July 1, 2011. The National Restaurant Association Education Foundation provides an on-line version of their ServeSafe course at the link above that meets the requirements of the regulation.
Food Handling Guidelines
- Temporary Food Stands
- Farmer's Markets - Food Samples (PDF 387 KB)
- Garlic-In-Oil - 2001 FDA Food Code
- Food Safety Info Sheets (NC State University)
- Food Safety Education to Residential Childcare Institutions (RCCIs): Food Safety Basics Training (University of Rhode Island and Massachusetts, NIFSI). A training program designed to assist in the development and implementation of a HACCP based food safety program at residential childcare institutions. The program curriculum materials (Powerpoint presentation, manuals, Food Safety Kit Booklet, and Video) may be downloaded free of charge.
- FDA Oral Culture Learner Project - Educational Materials for Retail Food Employees