- In the Home
- Toxoplasmosis and Cat Manure (CDC)
- Toxoplasmosis: An Important Message for Cat Owners (CDC, PDF 1.5 MB)
- Healthy Pets, Healthy People (CDC) Healthy Pets, Healthy People. Pets can be a wonderful addition to a household, however, animals can occasionally pass diseases to humans. These diseases are called zoonoses. Healthy Pets, Healthy People provides information about zoonoses and specific prevention tools for the general public as well as health professionals.
- Amphibian-Reptile Safety (PDF 625 KB)
- Healthy Pets Healthy People: Diseases People Can Get from Pets (CDC)
- Preventing Infections from Pets (CDC)
- Salmonella, Feeder Rodents, and Pet Reptiles and Amphibians – Tips You Should Know to Prevent Infection (FDA)
Petting Zoos, Farms and Fairgrounds
Contact with domesticated animals or animal waste at may result in human disease. This table summarizes outbreaks occurring between September 1988 and October 2011 after contact with animals or their waste at petting zoos, farms and fairgrounds.
- Fair and Petting Zoo Safety: Preventing E. coli Outbreaks (Marler Clark Law Firm)
- Wash Hands When Leaving Animal Exhibits (CDC) (English, PDF 682 KB)
- Wash Hands When Leaving Animal Exhibits (CDC) (Spanish, PDF 694 KB)