UC Food Safety Home
Research and Extension faculty at UC Davis, Drs. Erin DiCaprio, Linda Harris, and Trevor Suslow, welcome you to the University of California Food Safety website. Link to presentations, publications, and websites related to the production, harvest and processing of foods. The emphasis is microbial food safety but food biotechnology, food quality, and food security are also addressed.
Updated Dec. 2017: Food Safety After a Fire
Updated Nov. 2017: Key Facts about Preventive Controls for Human Food
- Key Facts about Preventive Controls for Human Food (FDA) (PDF 93 KB)
Updated Oct. 23, 2017: FSMA Compliance Dates
- FSMA Compliance Dates (FDA)
- FSMA Final Rules: Key Dates Chart (FDA) (PDF 98 KB)
- Produce Safety Alliance - Clarification of Compliance Dates (PDF 220 KB)
Added October 2017:
- Wheat Flour – Outbreaks and Recalls (updated 10-2-17) (PDF 30 KB)
Untreated Surface Water:
- Surface Water MWQP Calculator (Western Center for Food Safety, Version 6.0, October 2nd, 2017) (Will download as Excel Spreadsheet, 309 KB) http://ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu/files/268306.xlsx
Untreated Ground Water:
- Ground Water MWQP Calculator (Western Center for Food Safety, Version 5.0, October 2nd, 2017 (Will download as Excel Spreadsheet, 309 KB) http://ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu/files/239320.xlsx
Added September 2017:
- Guidelines for Safe Canning of Acid foods in a Steam Canner (Sept. 2017, UC ANR Publication 8573) (PDF 893 KB)
Updated June 9, 2017: Nuts and Nut Pastes
UC Food Blog
Trends we're watching in 2018: experts weigh in on water, GM, science communication and more
Posted 1/9/2018 - As we settle into 2018, it's natural to wonder what the New Year may bring. There have been dozens of "trend pieces" discussing what's in store. In this wrap, we consider possible 2018 trends in water, the GM debate, science communication, and food and...
No joke: The reality of the starving student and what UC is doing to help
Posted 12/29/2017 - As we celebrate the winter holiday season with its many joyful occasions, it's sobering to think how many people are in need of nutritious food. Millions of people are at risk of going hungry, says Feeding America. And according to groundbreaking studies...